One of the early explorations on the theme of ‘memento mori’ (remember your mortality), something that has gone on to become one of the primary focuses of my work.
Amruta Patil is a writer and painter. She is the author of graphic novels 'Kari' and 'Adi Parva: Churning the Ocean'. Adi Parva was selected as one of 2012’s Best Graphic Novels by comic book historian Paul Gravett. Patil is currently completing Adi Parva’s sequel, 'Sauptik: Blood and Flowers' (to be released Fall 2016). Recurring themes in her work include memento mori, sexuality, myth and sustainable living. http://amrutapatil.blogspot.com
@hathoric on Twitter
- Parva : L’Éveil de l’Océan, éditions Au Diable Vauvert, 2012.
- Adi Parva : Churning of the ocean, éditions HarperCollins India, 2012.
- Kari, éditions HarperCollins India, 2008.
- Kari, éditions Au Diable Vauvert, 2008.
- Nel Cuore di Smog City (Kari), éditions Metropoli D’Asia, 2010 (Italian)