24 pages done in 24 hours back in 2008: In which I use a video game analogy. And talk about Love v/s Convenience, Family v/s Solo, Losing Babies. Having Babies. And my favourite theme, ever, Unreliable Bloodlines. Slightly-garbled rough work column to a lot of matters resolved in the 8 years since, a lot of rough edges smoothed, and certainly a lot of anger against humans dealt with. Viva compassion.
Amruta Patil is a writer and painter. She is the author of graphic novels 'Kari' and 'Adi Parva: Churning the Ocean'. Adi Parva was selected as one of 2012’s Best Graphic Novels by comic book historian Paul Gravett. Patil is currently completing Adi Parva’s sequel, 'Sauptik: Blood and Flowers' (to be released Fall 2016). Recurring themes in her work include memento mori, sexuality, myth and sustainable living. http://amrutapatil.blogspot.com
@hathoric on Twitter
- Parva : L’Éveil de l’Océan, éditions Au Diable Vauvert, 2012.
- Adi Parva : Churning of the ocean, éditions HarperCollins India, 2012.
- Kari, éditions HarperCollins India, 2008.
- Kari, éditions Au Diable Vauvert, 2008.
- Nel Cuore di Smog City (Kari), éditions Metropoli D’Asia, 2010 (Italian)